Monday, December 4, 2006

Hard Cup Jockstrap


Finding the quintessential hard cup jock strap.

Having never worn a hard cup jockstrap, until the age of 47, I had no idea where to begin. I’d looked at them (while shopping), but had never actually purchased one. Instead, I’d always settle on the standard jockstrap (sans cup).

Recently, while in Target doing some holiday shopping, I picked a hard cup jockstrap from the display and tossed it into my cart. The next day, I wore it (under boxers) while at work. Subsequent to that, I ended up in chat room for men who wear/enjoy jockstraps. The location of the jockstrap chat room, for those of you so inclined, is:

http://www.allkink.com/chat.html

While in the chat room, I detailed my first cup experience. Someone in the chat room mentioned, for reasons I’ll elaborate on later, that I might try the Original Banana Hard Cup brand, which I later ordered. As of this date, 12/04/06, I have not worn the Banana jock because my order was incomplete when it arrived; I had received the jock, but not the cup. Fortunately, customer service was very helpful, promising to send out the cup immediately. Today, when I got home, the new cup was in the mail, with an additional jockstrap. So, I ended up coming out way ahead on that deal.

The point of this blog is to keep track of my experiences wearing the various hard cup jocks. I’ll be gauging several areas, including comfort, fit, price, and value.

First, some pictures of the jocks/cups I currently own and will be testing.



Franklin, with patented anti-fungal and anti-microbial fabric treatment


Target



Cost, $9.99





Duke 2N1, a soft, rubbery inner cup with a removable hard outer shell


Walmart


$7.96




Bike Proflex 2, Cotton Hard Cup Jock


Sports Authority


$12.99






ProCup, by XO Athletic, with HydraWick Plus


Dicks Sporting Goods


$12.99





Original Banana Cup, the biggest, deepest cup available at International Jock


$15.95

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this it is a great resource for not knowing what to buy! The pictures are great but a suggestion is that under the picture have a picture of YOU wearing it for bulge reference. Good work!